Yep, you read it right...I have a prognosis of Endometriosis. I suspected I had it because being the future Nurse that I am, I read medical journals, match up my symptoms, and ask a lot of questions. I am the doctor's worst nightmare. They say Dr.'s and Nurses make the worst patients!
Anyway, Im not going to go into detail because it is a tough subject for me to talk about but I have every single symptom of Endometriosis and after seeing 4 different doctor's I was able to get the answer that I feared. I say prognosis because Endometriosis is only diagnosed with a laparoscopy. My Dr. said that since my pain is getting better being on birth control (it masks the pain and slows the growth of the cells) that she doesnt want to do surgery for fear it may complicate with my last surgery since it was only 2 months ago. So she said give it a few months and if my pain gets any worse, she will do the laparoscopy. I want the laparoscopy. I want to know where the Endometriosis is and how bad, and I want it removed and I want a biopsy of it. For those that don't know, this disease stays with you for life, there is no cure, and it causes fertility problems...which is why I have a hard time talking about it and have done a lot of crying. But I also say, this is life and you just gotta keep moving forward. I don't want to have to go through IVF or even IUI when we decide to have kids, but if need be, we will.
No comments:
Post a Comment