







I believe its been 4 months since my last post...where to even begin.
I FINALLY went back to school! Im loving it, I love learning and I love that Im just that much closer to being a RN. Ive taken 4 classes so far since Ive been back and got A's in every one except psychology because it was a 4 credit class online and I did it in 1 month, which is intense when you have all these other classes youre doing. So I ended up with a B, which eh I suppose I can handle a B. I will be applying to the nursing program in Jan 2010, so pray I get accepted!! If I get accepted I will be starting in fall 2010, and graduating in 2012.
Justin has just signed up for school to become an electronic engineer technician. We are very excited about this, he is a little nervous but I know he will do just fine if he puts his mind to it.
On a sad note, still no job for Justin :( We have applied him for about 40 jobs so far, atleast and still nothing. I tell you what, if I hear someone complaining about their job these days I think Im going to smack them. :) If you have a job, thank God that you do. It is TOUGH out there right now if you dont have a college degree, even people with a degree cant find a job too!! Justins unemployment runs out in a couple months and if he doesnt have a job by then, we either lose our house or I have to quit school [:'( ] and find a job as a CNA which I am certified for. Which would break my heart because its taken me since 2006 to go back to school (financial reasons) and I dont want to quit now. Please pray for that.
On a future note, if Justin does get a good paying job, with good health benefits we want to have a baby! Which I cannot even wait for, I cant even descibe how much we both want kids. We thought we wouldve been prego by now, but since we both lost our jobs that obviously wasnt going to happen. So, thats another reason why we want him to find a job soon. Ive actually been garage saling quite a bit with my mom and she has bought SOOO much stuff for our future kid (bless her excited lil heart) so when the time comes, we are ready! We have probably saved over 500$ by doing the garage sale thing so Im really thankful for that.
Justin has been working with my dad alot trying to get any extra cash flow we can right now, so that has helped alot. Since we are pulling in less than half what we were when we bought the house last August, it has been extremely tight. God is good, we are current on our mortage and I thank the Lord for that everyday, we wouldnt be if it wasnt for Him. God provides in the strangest of ways sometimes.
In June I went on a "life long diet"...basically changing my eating habits for life. I want to be healthier and obviously skinnier, Ive never been this heavy and I hate it. So far Ive lost 14lbs and Im about half way there, to being the weight I was 3 years ago. Woot! My dad and I are going to try to do a 10K marathon next year (6.2 miles) which is definetely do-able. We both love running and can run for long distances. I have been running a mile to mile and a half everytime I go to the gym. My next goal will be 2 miles, then 3 miles, and so on. Pretty easy, just got to get there. I used to run all the time, but kind of got out of shape. I started softball in the summer for my friends church, and now Justin will be joining us in the fall so we will be able to play together! fun fun!
And last but certainly not least, Justin and I both got baptized! We are very excited about our decision to publicly show our love and dedication to God.
There has been some tough times, sad times, and happy times. I am thankful for every one of them. They make us stronger and closer together. God is good.
Phil 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ who stregnthens me"
No comments:
Post a Comment