Friday, September 12, 2008

My 150lb baby....


Wednesday I came home like every other day...ate and sat down and watched some good ol animal planet. 8pm comes and Gus does his usual -get in your face till you say hi to me-thing...i looked at his snout and it was like twice what it should be. I go down his chest and there is bumps all over the place...He is covered in raised swollen bumps. I call Banfield (his vet where he has insurance) they say its hives and to bring him in to urgent care in St. Paul. Texted my mom, went online to check out "dog hives" and i guess it is sort of common but can get serious if he has trouble breathing. Gus was panting, and the house was only at like 70 degrees so it wasnt hot by any means. I start getting quite nervous.
Gus is my baby boy, and always will be. Mom called and calmed me down. Next day(yesterday), Justin had work off so he brought him in to the vet. they gave him sulfracate and Hills prescription diet, he ate the food yesterday around 2pm and took his meds about 3pm. But by 8pm he puked. Vet said if he pukes call them asap! I did, they had just closed 4 min before i called. Called them this morning, said might want to bring him in today. but i asked can it be from the food switch? He said yes it could be that, or it could be something more serious. So ive decided to just keep an eye on Gus for the night tonight, see how he is doing. If he doesnt eat any more of his prescription food, i will change him back to his regular then I can still give him his medicine. Hopefully when i get home, he will have eaten his diet food and i can give him his meds. poor puppy. :( Thanks for your prayers, I am sure he will be fine...but he means very much to me. He is like my child for now..until we have real children lol

4 comments:

Emily said...

Awww!! Is he okay?!

Jamie said...

yeah, he is all better. It was scarry though :( But he is fine now! =D

Emily said...

I'm glad:D

And I love your willow page :)

Keith Waytashek said...

Hey guys didn't know Gus was down and out...hope he is doing better and see u on Sunday