Our backyard is so bare and boring...once i get all the weeds taken care of I would like to do a bit of landscaping. I have one problem though, well actually two, 1) i have ZERO artistic abilities, and 2) little money to this. I just want something simple and pretty..here are some pics of the

backyard now ( right after I mowed)

So I would like to fix the ugli-ness against the fence...maybe do something like the following along the fence:

Sooo I dont know..i dont even know where to start! Its overwhelming to me, but I HATE asking for help.
Does anyone have any other ideas I could do for the backyard? Something not too spendy and somewhat simple.
5 comments:
You could always just find someone who has extra iris bulbs (they spread like crazy!)and plant them along the fence. It would kill out any weeds and then you don't have to weed whack.
Otherwise, I don't know, I'm not into flowers and landscaping-too lazy!
Thanks Cheri I will look into those!
I forgot about Hostas! They are amazing at choking out all weeds and are very hearty! They spread super fast, so you could get just a few this years, and by next spring, you will be able to half them and replant in other areas. They aren't very expensive either, that is if you can't find someone who wants to get rid of some, since they spread so easily!
Oooh sweet! That is a great idea, i love hastas! Im just wondering if i should just plant them along the fence just by themselves or do some decorative bricks around them or something?
Yeah, that would look great!
Post a Comment