We finally finished off the fence today! I am so happy to just let the dogs run free and not have to tie them up anymore. Then we went to dinner and are now finishing it off with movies.
Today in Church we started a new series named "The NAKED Truth" which is all about sex before marriage and the exploitation of sex EVERYWHERE you look. The Bible teaches us to guard our hearts out of respect for Him and our future spouses. It was really good and the church was PACKED!
I'm going to write about something I feel passionate about now: School. I always knew I was going to go to college and become a nurse but didn't have the money or time until I was laid off in Jan 2009. I took that opportunity and ran with it! I have been full time ever since. Anyway, I feel that everyone now-a-days needs an education. No excuse. At least do something..there is SO much to learn and everyone has their strengths so just find them and put it into practice! I wish I would have at least taken one class while I was working FT but never did. (Well in 2006 I became CNA Cert. but besides that, none). Now, I understand when people cant afford to go FT or even half-time but at least try to take one class. That way you have something to fall back on if anything happens. And during these times of economic hardships It would be in every ones best interest to go to college because jobs are difficult to find these days w/o a degree...trust me. Between being laid off (my husband and I at the same time) for 14 months and applying to over 80 jobs...I'd say its not easy. Here is a statistic: "College graduates lower the unemployment rate. The unemployment rate for individuals with no college experience is more than twice the rate of those with at least a bachelor’s degree". Not to mention that you will be better off financially with a degree vs no degree. It is said that you need at least 1 million dollars to make it after you retire. Well that's my rant of the day and people will disagree with me but that's them and this is me.
No comments:
Post a Comment